[Attempto] What are .fit and .plp files?

Tobias Kuhn t.kuhn at gmx.ch
Fri Mar 13 08:04:21 CET 2009

Hi Stony,

The .fit files are the main files of the parser and contain Prolog code that uses special operators
to describe feature structures. See the file prologfeatures.pl. It transforms those files into plain
Prolog files which have then the ending .plp.

prologfeatures.pl is a reimplementation of a part of the ProFIT system. See this reference:

> [1] Gregor Erbach. ProFIT: Prolog with Features, Inheritance and Templates. In Proceedings of
> the seventh conference on European chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics.
> Morgan Kaufmann Publishers Inc., 1995.

Tobias