[Attempto] time_limit_exceded when running People and Pets example

Kaarel Kaljurand kaljurand at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 12:49:22 CET 2009

Hi Danica,

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 11:30 AM, Danica Damljanovic
<danica.damljanovic at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
> I am trying to run people and pets demo
> (http://attempto.ifi.uzh.ch/aceview/examples/people_pets_nice.ace.txt)
> but I keep getting time_limit_exceded error followed by warnings. It advices
> to send the screenshot to ace developers (in attachment).
>
> I am having the same problem trying to run countries demo (I preload
> countries_base.owl before running snippets).
> I am using ace view in Protege 4.0, built 109.
>
> Any idea of how I can make this work would be appreciated.

The solution would be to use the "ACE Text" window (view) to enter
the text. In this case each sentence is parsed separately and the
timelimit would not be reached.

As is clear from the screenshot (btw, thanks for sending it, it really helped
in figuring out the problem in this case), you are trying to parse the complete
text as one snippet.
The snippet window is really intended for entering very short texts
(one or two sentences),
where the sentences are syntactically or logically very connected. E.g.

(1) Every student is a pupil. Every pupil is a student. (class equivalence)

(2) There is a country. It borders Germany. (anaphorically connected sentences)

I'll try to clarify this in the documentation.

--
kaarel