[Attempto] AceView OWL write/save error

Kaarel Kaljurand kaljurand at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 17:06:16 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 17:13,  <tabbylemlemu at wellsfargo.com> wrote:
> That helps a lot. Thanks Kaarel. Do you know when the new Protégé comes out? Would Protégé 4.0 would support OWL API Version 3.0.0.1272? I was wondering if it is possible to use OWL API Version 3.0.0.1272 on Protégé 4.0. Thanks for your help.

I've been away traveling for 3 months so I haven't kept myself up-to-date
with the Protege 4 developments and future plans.
So it's better to ask the Protege 4 mailing list.

However, it seems that the Protege developers are working on Protege 4.1
which uses OWL-API 3 (currently 3.0.0.1291). Protege 4.0 will probably
keep using OWL-API 2.

You can follow the changes in Protege 4.1 and 4.0 at these SVN repositories:

http://smi-protege.stanford.edu/repos/protege/protege4/protege-standalone/branches/protege4_1_port

http://smi-protege.stanford.edu/repos/protege/protege4/protege-standalone/trunk

You can even build a Protege executable from the latest SVN version,
it's usually quite stable. This way you don't need to wait for the
Protege developers
to make an official release. I've just tried that and it seems that Protege 4.1
loads your "bad" ontology without problems.

However, ACE View (probably) does not work with Protege 4.1 as there are
(probably) many changes in its API so that some refactoring is needed.
I'll spend some weeks now at home before I continue my travels.
So maybe I'll manage to produce a Protege 4.1 compatible version of ACE View.

--
kaarel