[Attempto] AceWiki Install Problems

Tobias Kuhn t.kuhn at gmx.ch
Wed Oct 21 15:12:18 CEST 2009

Hi Philipp,

I haven't seen this problem so far. I don't know what could be the problem, but let's try to isolate it.

I don't think that it has anything to do with ACE or APE or Prolog. If these things are not found or
do not work as they should then the web application usually starts up and the errors occur only
afterwards.

Which version of Tomcat do you (i.e. your version of XAMPP) use?

> war gets executed and builded correctly

By this, do you mean that "tomcat/webapps/webapps.war" is extracted to "tomcat/webapps/webapps/"?

> Called page in browser:
> HTTP Status 503 - This application is not currently available
>
> Thats the error we get. We don't know what we have done wrong. In the
> tomcat manager the application also doesn't appear. The log files are
> empty.

Completely empty? The log files like "tomcat/logs/catalina.*.log" and "tomcat/logs/localhost.*.log"
should contain something even if the Attempto web applications failed to launch. Otherwise, there is
something fundamentally wrong with your Tomcat installation.

Cheers,
Tobias