[Attempto] need help getting ACE Wiki running

Murray, William R William.R.Murray at boeing.com
Fri Sep 11 16:16:13 CEST 2009

Hi Tobias,

I think we're making progress. To be sure that we are in synch...

- Create "webapps.war" from the Attempto Java Packages by running "ant
createwebapps"

   No, I have not done this, instead just use the webapps.war file from
the zip file as I didn't have ant or experience using it.

- Copy "webapps.war" into "TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/"

  No, I hadn't done this either. Instead I copied the subdirectory
/webapps and its subfolders from the AceWiki folder to the TomCat
folder. Now with this new advice I instead copied the webapps.war file
after removing the previous subfolder and it works (!) ... sorta...see
below...

- Starting up Tomcat using "./startup.sh"

  I use startup.bat since I am on a Windows XP machine.

- Tomcat then automatically extracts "webapps.war" so that a new folder

"TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/webapps/" is created

  Yes, this has happened: progress :)

- Accessing "http://localhost:8080/webapps/" through the browser shows
me then the links to the Attempto web applications

  Yes, this has happened: more progress :)

Have you done it the same way?

  As above, only with Tomcat 5.0.

Now the problems at this point. The web page with links:

Attempto Web Applications

Click here to enter the preditor example.

Click here to enter AceWiki.

Click here to enter the ACE Editor.

appears when I click "http://localhost:8080/webapps/" but each link
throws the exact same error.

I'll put the details of the stack trace in the PS of this message and
you can tell me what you recommend next. Thanks for your help I think
we'll get

there.

Bill

P.S. Here is what I get when I click on the AceWiki link:

HTTP Status 500 -

________________________________

type Exception report

message

it from fulfilling this request.

exception

root cause

javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactoryConfigurationError: Provider
org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl not found
        javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory.newInstance(Unknown
Source)

nextapp.echo2.webrender.util.DomUtil$2.initialValue(DomUtil.java:79)
        java.lang.ThreadLocal.setInitialValue(ThreadLocal.java:141)
        java.lang.ThreadLocal.get(ThreadLocal.java:131)

nextapp.echo2.webrender.util.DomUtil.getTransformerFactory(DomUtil.java:
99)

nextapp.echo2.webrender.output.XmlDocument.render(XmlDocument.java:93)

nextapp.echo2.webcontainer.WindowHtmlService.service(WindowHtmlService.j
ava:105)

nextapp.echo2.webcontainer.NewInstanceService.service(NewInstanceService
.java:76)

nextapp.echo2.webrender.WebRenderServlet.process(WebRenderServlet.java:2
73)
        ch.uzh.ifi.attempto.acewiki.AceWikiServlet.process(Unknown
Source)

nextapp.echo2.webrender.WebRenderServlet.doGet(WebRenderServlet.java:179
)
        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache
Tomcat/5.0.28 logs.

Apache Tomcat/5.0.28

The other links throw the same error.