[Attempto] Attempto to OWL II

Snowman8003 snowman8003 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 09:12:56 CEST 2009

Hi,

As the question below suggests, this topic is fairly new to me.

I am trying to encode a piece of legislation in OWL II.

I was thinking of using Attempto to facilitate this process.  In
particular, I was hoping to use the APE parser to generate OWL from ACE.

However, I am finding that there are some OWL related constraints that
prohibit this process.  Specifically, prepositions are not allowed and
neither are adjectives.

I am wondering if there have been any papers published on using ACE /
APE to convert natural language into OWL.  Are there any work arounds to
the (restrictive) problems described above.

Thanks in advance,

Mark