[Attempto] need help getting ACE Wiki running

Tobias Kuhn t.kuhn at gmx.ch
Thu Sep 17 08:40:57 CEST 2009

Hi Bill,

Murray, William R wrote:
> So currently I have two questions:
>
> 1.	What causes the problem(s) when I try to launch Tomcat? Are my environment variables just set up wrong...it used to work.

I have no idea why this suddenly does not work anymore... strange.

> 2.	I didn't understand what you meant in the sentence "This can be done by a Java VM argument like this:
>
>    -Djava.library.path=/opt/local/lib/swipl-5.6.45/lib/i386-darwin8.10.1
>
>     " since I can understand how I would do that if were calling a class
>      with the java interpreter, but we're doing something different, we're
>      starting Tomcat. The best I can interpret this is that I have to modify
>      the catalina.bat file to somewhere add this as I can't see where to do
>      this in the startup.bat file...what am I missing?

Actually, I don't know how such Java arguments should be set in Tomcat. There is an environment
variable called "CATALINA_OPTS" that seems to be suitable for this. I tried to set this variable:

   export CATALINA_OPTS='-Djava.library.path="/opt/local/lib/swipl-5.6.61/lib/i386-darwin9.5.0"'

I did not work, however. But maybe it works for you.

Tobias