[Attempto] News from EulerGUI; Ace and Ace View ontologies repository

Jean-Marc Vanel jeanmarc.vanel at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 14:45:11 CEST 2010

Hi

To adapt our EulerGUI [1] rule framework to Ace View, I wrote a translator
[2] from SWRL to N3 logic [3] .
Since Ace View includes an ACE --> OWL+SWRL translator , this will allow us
to have this workflow:

   1. create an ontology in Protégé 4.0.X with Ace View
   2. open this ontology in EulerGUI and translate SWRL rules to N3 logic
   3. in EulerGUI reuse business rules in N3 logic plus the OWL ontology,
   for application generation [4] and other software tasks

Now to test this workflow, I would like to have a corpus of Ace or Ace View
texts.
I found no evidence of that on the Ace site.
I have already looked for ways of finding any kind of rules on the Web, but
any facility does not seam to exist.

I think that a series of reusable Ace business models and design patterns is
the main single thing that is lacking to this wonderful project.

Search with ontology search engines:
http://swoogle.umbc.edu/index.php?option=com_frontpage&service=search&queryType=search_swd_ontology&searchString=attempto
http://kmi-web05.open.ac.uk/WatsonWUI/index.html

[1] EulerGUI
http://eulergui.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/eulergui/trunk/eulergui/documentation.html
[2] SWRL to N3 logic
http://eulergui.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/eulergui/trunk/eulergui/documentation.html#L2219
The translator from SWRL to N3 logic is a real-life example of rules
processing rules to create rules.
[3] N3 logic http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/Notation3
[4] application generation
http://deductions.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/deductions/html/GUIgenerator.html