[Attempto] News from EulerGUI; Ace and Ace View ontologies repository

Kaarel Kaljurand kaljurand at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 04:19:25 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 14:45, Jean-Marc Vanel <jeanmarc.vanel at gmail.com> wrote:

> To adapt our EulerGUI [1] rule framework to Ace View, I wrote a translator
> [2] from SWRL to N3 logic [3] .

Unfortunately, I failed to open these links now:

An Exception Has Occurred
trunk/eulergui/documentation.html: unknown location
HTTP Response Status
404 Not Found

> Since Ace View includes an ACE --> OWL+SWRL translator , this will allow us
> to have this workflow:
>
> create an ontology in Protégé 4.0.X with Ace View
> open this ontology in EulerGUI and translate SWRL rules to N3 logic
> in EulerGUI reuse business rules in N3 logic plus the OWL ontology, for
> application generation [4] and other software tasks

This is interesting. Have you also thought about the other direction,
i.e. communicating any changes in the N3 logic rules side back to the
ACE side, i.e. verbalizing the N3 rules.

> Now to test this workflow, I would like to have a corpus of Ace or Ace View
> texts.
> I found no evidence of that on the Ace site.

Yes, in the Attempto project we have not so far put together
such a corpus. I agree that it would be nice and important to have it.

At the moment, the only things that I can think of are:

* The examples on the ACE View page (http://attempto.ifi.uzh.ch/aceview/),

* The content of the AceWiki demo instances found on
http://attempto.ifi.uzh.ch/acewiki/. Use the "Export..." function to access
the plain text representation of the wikis.

We also have a regression test set for the ACE parser (> 3500 ACE snippets)
which can be made public I think, but this is probably not what you want as
most sentences there are not rule-like, most are not ACE View compatible,
and many even contain syntax errors
as the goal of it is to test all aspects of the parser.

Greetings from Sao Paulo,
Kaarel