[Attempto] ACE View : units are not implemented

Kaarel Kaljurand kaljurand at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 15:06:24 CET 2010

Hi Jean-Marc,

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 11:12, Jean-Marc Vanel <jeanmarc.vanel at gmail.com> wrote:

> For example this sentence :
> Peter owns 3 kg of apples .
>
> gives this OWL syntax :
> Peter Type own min 3 apple

thanks for the report. There was a bug in the ACE->OWL/SWRL
translator. The fix will be included in the next release of APE. Such
sentences will now be rejected with an error message
"kg: Measurement nouns are not supported." as OWL and SWRL do not have
built-in support for measurement units.

I think there exist some proposals for conventions of how to specify
measurement units in OWL. One of these conventions could be supported
in ACE->OWL/SWRL but I haven't taken a closer look. I'm interested in
ideas about what "Peter owns 3 kg of apples ." could be mapped to.

--
kaarel