[Attempto] paraphrasing quantification

Kaarel Kaljurand kaljurand at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 16:29:08 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 19:49, Jean-Marc Vanel <jeanmarc.vanel at gmail.com> wrote:
> A possible ACE paraphrase would be :
> ./ape.exe -guess -text 'p:X1 is a card. p:X2 is a card. p:X3 is a card. '
> -solo paraphrase
> X1 is a card.
> X2 is a card.
> X3 is a card.
> A proper noun ( p: prefix ) is the way to "instanciate" a unique object.

Actually, the paraphrase here is not correct because the proper names
(p:X1, p:X2, p:X3) are converted to variables (X1, X2, X3).
Thanks for finding this bug. I've updated my TODO list... ;)

So, the paraphrasing module still contain bugs. One way to make
sure that all the paraphrases that are output are correct is to parse
them into a DRS and use "utils/are_equivalent.pl" to check if the
DRS of the paraphrase is equivalent to the DRS of the original.
If they are not equivalent then the "paraphrase" should not be output.
ape.exe currently does not do that check.

--
kaarel