[Attempto] Protege OWL integration

Kiran Prakash Sawant KiranPrakash_Sawant at infosys.com
Wed Jul 28 11:13:57 CEST 2010

Hello everyone,

I was trying to make use of ACE Text along with OWL using Protégé. I am using Protégé version 4.0.2, as the ACE plug-in is not compatible with other versions of Protégé.

For some reason, the conversion from ACE to OWL is not working properly. I have tried using 'APE Local' as well as 'APE Web service'. Whenever I try to add a new snippet to the ontology, the Protégé tool stops working for a while, and after that starts working as if the snippet was never added to the ontology.

Also, I had some problem making the OWL verbalizer work inside of Protégé. The ontology that I had added contained 4 SWRL rules. Out of these, only one was represented in the list, that too not as a ACE text. The rule was represented inside of '/* ... */' section, thus commenting it out. But at least it was able to recognize it as a SWRL rule. The other rules were completely ignored.

Could anyone please suggest any reasons/solutions to this?

Regards,
Kiran Prakash Sawant

Infosys e-mail system.