[Attempto] Testing ACE editor from sources

Tobias Kuhn kuhntobias at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 17:45:50 CEST 2010

Hi Jean-Marc,

> bzr pull

I am currently doing mayor updates on the AceWiki and ACE Editor code.
For this reason, the latest version on Bazaar is poorly tested and
probably unstable. If you need a stable version, you should download the
zip file.

The updates include:
- switch to version 3 of the OWL API
- support for OWLlink to connect to external reasoners (e.g. FaCT++)
- HermiT instead of Pellet as internal reasoner (because of license reasons)
- performance improvements of the predictive editor

> Alas ! AceWiki does not start :
>
> 2010-06-15 16:12:08.860:WARN::Error for /acewiki/
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/semanticweb/owl/inference/OWLReasonerException
>          at ch.uzh.ifi.attempto.acewiki.Wiki.<init>(Unknown Source)
>          at ch.uzh.ifi.attempto.acewiki.AceWikiApp.init(Unknown Source)
>          at nextapp.echo2.app.ApplicationInstance.doInit(ApplicationInstance.java:247)

The latest sources should not contain "org.semanticweb.owl.inference"
anymore. You should try a complete recompilation of the source code with
"ant buildeverything". I hope that helps.

Tobias