[Attempto] ambiguous prefixes in APE

Jean-Marc Vanel jeanmarc.vanel at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 17:37:58 CEST 2010

Hi
I'm running this, after installing the clex-6.5-090528.zip. By the
way, why isn't it part of the standard APE distribution ?

./ape.exe -guess -text 'Every material that contains some cement and
some n:aggregate is some concrete.' -solo drspp

Here aggregate is considered as countable by APE. However, I intend
this WordNet synset :

2. aggregate -- (material such as sand or gravel used with cement and
water to make concrete, mortar, or plaster)

I would like to say something like:
some m:aggregate
to flag a mass noun. But this does not work. Is there another way?

And why in the first place did APE specify ambiguous prefixes like a:
for adjectives OR adverbs ?

I know that I can add in the lexicon :
noun_mass(aggregate, aggregate, neutr).
but wouldn't that clash with the other sense of aggregate which is countable?

Related to that, is there some way to disambiguate different meanings of a word?

--
Jean-Marc Vanel
Consulting, services, training,