[Attempto] Windows XP Install problem

Adam Wyner adam at wyner.info
Mon Mar 8 15:31:13 CET 2010

Dear ACE,

A colleague and I are trying to install ACE on a Windows XP box.  We
installed swi-prolog for windows xp

http://www.swi-prolog.org/download/stable/bin/w32pl583.exe

and APE

http://attempto.ifi.uzh.ch/site/downloads/files/ape-6.5-100128.zip

After running make_exe.bat, we have ape.exe.  Then running we get the
errors below.

We set PATH and CLASSPATH variables as needed to locate the executables
and library files.

We searched swi-prolog for some of the directories for html, sgml, and
clib libraries for swi-prolog for windows.

ape.exe -text "Every man is a human." -solo drsxml

C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\My Documents\Downloads\ape>ape.exe -text
"Every
man is a human." -solo drsxml

ERROR: c:/program files/swi-prolog/library/socket.pl:57: Initialization
goal rai
sed exception:
ERROR: '$open_shared_object'/3: The specified module could not be found.

ERROR: c:/program files/swi-prolog/library/memfile.pl:45: Initialization
goal ra
ised exception:
ERROR: '$open_shared_object'/3: The specified module could not be found.

ERROR: c:/program files/swi-prolog/library/sgml.pl:79: Initialization
goal raise
d exception:
ERROR: '$open_shared_object'/3: The specified module could not be found.

ERROR: c:/program files/swi-prolog/library/http/http_stream.pl:43:
Initializatio
n goal raised exception:
ERROR: '$open_shared_object'/3: The specified module could not be found.

ERROR: c:/program files/swi-prolog/library/time.pl:97: Initialization
goal raise
d exception:
ERROR: '$open_shared_object'/3: The specified module could not be found.

ERROR: c:/program files/swi-prolog/library/mime.pl:37: Initialization
goal raise
d exception:
ERROR: '$open_shared_object'/3: The specified module could not be found.

Suggestions?  I've gotten ACE to run on a Linux (Ubuntu) machine, but it
was easier to chase down packages.  I've not yet installed ACEWiki, as
it seems a bit more complex.

We looked through the mailing list and documentation, but couldn't find
anything which addressed the problem

Cheers,
Adam