[Attempto] Interface for Protege

Tobias Kuhn kuhntobias at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 14:28:30 CEST 2010

Hi Dilvan,

>     Also, you have a reasoner (RACE) and a rule system (AceRules) for
> ACE. How scalable are they? That is a problem for Pellet, it isn't
> scalable enough and it works just in "batch mode". I was hoping that
> your reasoner would be more scalable, since SWI-Prolog has support for
> 300M triple stores. By the way, where can I find the source code for
> RACE and AceRules (are they open source?)?

AceRules has never been released officially, but you can download an
inofficial package here:

http://attempto.ifi.uzh.ch/site/downloads/files/acerules-081124_unofficial.zip

It's rather a research prototype than a stable application and hasn't
been tested or even optimized for good scalability. So, probably
AceRules is not what you are looking for.

If you experience performance problems with Pellet, you should try out
other reasoners like FaCT++. For the public AceWiki instances, I
switched from Pellet to FaCT++, which made reasoning much faster.

Cheers,
Tobias