[Attempto] Interface for Protege

Kaarel Kaljurand kaljurand at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 13:35:40 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 22:26, Dilvan Moreira <dilvan at gmail.com> wrote:

>    We are working on an interface to edit SWRL rules in Web-Protege (in
> collaboration with BMIR-Stanford University) for Autistic Phenotypes and I
> wanted to include your ACE View in it. I am now trying to understand the ACM
> concepts and tools. I loaded your Protege 4.0 tab but Protege 4.0 is a
> dead-end and my autism ontology crashes it. Don't you have a new version of
> your tab for Protege 4.1x? If not, do you have a repository where I can get
> the source code for the 4.0 version?

I am currently updating ACE View to work with Protege 4.1.
The source is available in:

http://code.google.com/p/aceview/source/checkout

The latest version in branch 1_3 compiles against and runs in the
latest Protege 4.1 SVN
version, but some things are disabled (Explanations, AceWiki export, etc.)
and it is not fully tested. I hope to release ACE View 1.3 around the
time Protege 4.1
goes out of beta.

>    Also, you have a reasoner (RACE) and a rule system (AceRules) for ACE.
> How scalable are they? That is a problem for Pellet, it isn't scalable
> enough and it works just in "batch mode". I was hoping that your reasoner
> would be more scalable, since SWI-Prolog has support for 300M triple stores.
> By the way, where can I find the source code for RACE and AceRules (are they
> open source?)?

Norbert and Tobias can answer this better, but neither RACE nor AceRules
is an OWL/SWRL reasoner and neither uses SWI-Prolog's RDF support
(i.e. triple stores).

--
kaarel