[Attempto] controlled English to express acceptance testing

Kenneth Jones kennethjone at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 18:35:39 CEST 2011

I am currently developing just such an application, but it's in its early
stages.  I am actually trying to replace existing FitNesse tests.  Early
results look promising.

At this point I am developing a set of domain-specific CNLs (DSCNLs), one
for each section in the Fitnesse tests (a DSCNL for data specification, a
DSCNL for counting, e.g., auditing rules, etc.).  By taking this approach
and developing a grammar for each language I keep language design simple and
minimize the amount of learning required by the users (business analysts).
 I am using ACE Editor and APE.

-- Ken