[Attempto] Statement id in article

Tobias Kuhn kuhntobias at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 13:57:06 CET 2011

This is an important point. It is more fundamental than it seems at
first sight. In order to find a consistent way how to identify
sentences, we need to have a clear idea of what a sentence is. Some
questions that have to be answered:

- When a sentence is changed, does the changed sentence have the same
identity as the original one?
- When a sentence is moved (within or across articles), does the moved
sentence have the same identity as the original one?
- Are sentences with the same text identical? ... if they are on the
same article? ... if they are on different articles?
- When a sentence is copied (not yet implemented) is the new sentence
identical to the existing sentence or do we get two sentence instances?

I don't have answers to these questions at this point, but it's
something that requires careful consideration.

Tobias