[Attempto] Misleading error message in command

Joshua TAYLOR tayloj at cs.rpi.edu
Thu Mar 31 21:41:25 CEST 2011

When I ask the webclient to parse the text:

John, initiate a fluent!

I get the errors:

error	sentence	1	John, initiate a fluent <>!	Commas must be followed
by 'and' or 'or', or must occur at specified positions in lists, sets
and commands.
error	sentence	1	John, initiate a fluent <>!	This is the first
sentence that was not ACE. The sign <> indicates the position where
parsing failed.

However, I get the desired parse by indicating that fluent is a noun:

John, initiate a n:fluent!

The second error message is what I usually see with undefined words
(that can't be guessed), but the first is misleading, since the comma
is a appearing at a specified position in a command.  This isn't a
bug, per se, but it seems a little bit misleading.

--
Joshua Taylor, http://www.cs.rpi.edu/~tayloj/