[Attempto] Strange behaviour of APE

Norbert E. Fuchs fuchs at ifi.uzh.ch
Sun May 8 19:35:29 CEST 2011

On 8 May 2011, at 18:48, Pierre-Alexandre Voye wrote:

> Hello, I experience a strange behaviour of APE : it fails depending of the type of output :
> $ ./ape.exe -text "AuthoredContent contains a title and a date and an author and a content and a grade and a tree." -guess -cpnf
> Works fine
>
> ./ape.exe -text "AuthoredContent contains a title and a date and an author and a content and a grade and a tree." -guess -cowlfsspp
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>
> <apeResult>
>   <duration tokenizer="0.019" parser="0.000" refres="0.000"/>
>   <owlfsspp></owlfsspp>
>   <messages>
>     <message
>         importance="warning"
>         type="word"
>         sentence="1"
>         token="1"
>         value="AuthoredContent"
>         repair="Undefined word. Interpreted as a singular proper name."/>
>     <message
>         importance="error"
>         type="owl"
>         sentence="1"
>         token=""
>         value="and"
>         repair="Noun phrase conjunctions not supported."/>
>     <message
>         importance="error"
>         type="owl"
>         sentence="1"
>         token="2"
>         value="contain"
>         repair="Subject or object of this verb makes an illegal reference."/>
>   </messages>
> </apeResult>
>
> Strange isn't it ?
>
> Regards,
>
> P-A

Pierre-Alexandre

The translation of an ACE text into OWL proceeds in two steps: APE translates the ACE text into a DRS and then calls drs_to_owlswrl that translates the DRS into OWL/SWRL. The second steps fails for your input with the reported error messages.

I am sure that Kaarel Kaljurand – the author of drs_to_owlswrl – has more to say to this.

Regards.