[Attempto] Problems with my ACE snippets, ACE words and ACE lexicon

Kaarel Kaljurand kaljurand at gmail.com
Tue May 10 10:41:58 CEST 2011

Hi,

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 10:12, henry fonbeyin <fonbeyin at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am a newbie in ontologies and has just developed a taxonomy in the class
> tab of the ACE view plugin in protege-OWL 4.0.2. Initially the classes in
> the hierarchy were fine, but soon after funny characters were appearing in
> the  ACE classes, ACE snippets, ACE words and ACE lexicon tabs as shown on
> the attached diagrams. Can someone advise me on how to solve this problem?

I don't remember encountering this problem before. It could also be an
issue with your operating system or with Protege, rather than with ACE
View. Can you provide a small ontology and/or a short sequence of
steps that can be used to reproduce this problem?

Also, is it an option for you to start using Protege 4.1? Recent
versions of ACE View only work in Protege 4.1 and I don't have any
resources to support any earlier versions.

Best regards,
Kaarel