[Attempto] Cannot covert ACE Text to OWL ontology!

henry fonbeyin fonbeyin at yahoo.com
Wed May 11 08:59:57 CEST 2011

Dear All,
I am exploring the use of ACE View. The first thing I did was to develop a trial
ontology using the Classes, Properties and Individual tabs of the ACE View
editor in Protege 4.1. I then generated the ACE text as shown in Fig. 1
attached.  Now in my second experiment I want to develop my ontology purely from
using the ACE text generated in my first exercise. I now copy the ACE text and
create a new ontology by pasting it into the ACE Text pane. When I run "Update",
the ontology hierarchy that was used in generating the ACE text is not obtained
as can be seen in Fig 2. Why is it so?
What might have happened?

Regards,
Henry