[Attempto] Can attempto describe this?

Theodore H. Smith delete at elfdata.com
Fri Jul 13 20:03:35 CEST 2012

On 13 Jul 2012, at 17:06, Norbert E. Fuchs wrote:

> On 13 Jul 2012, at 14:23 , Theodore H. Smith wrote:
>

>> "How can someone fall so far, without realising it?"
>>
>> It's a tricky one. But it is very a interesting description that uses some important concepts to humans.

> Theodore
>
> Here is an ACE version of your sentence
>
>  Does someone not realize that he can fall a:so-far?

> The standard ACE lexicon contain the adverb "far", but not "so far".  Note, that I need to hyphenate "so far" since ACE does not know multiwords, and need to prefix "so-far" by "a:" to declare it as an adverb.
>
> I also tried "How does someone not realize that he can fall a:so-far?" but this was not accepted. There are possibly other versions that come closer to your original sentence.
>
> Regards.

Hi Norbert,

You helped fix some things that were wrong with my attempts in using ACE.

But actually, there is one big issue at the heart of this statement that was untouched in your reply. Basically its about time.

	"Event Y1 happened, without event Y2 happening"

Thats what I mean "its about time".

Event Y1 is "someone fell so-far". Event Y2 is "someone realising event Y1". (Yes, one event references another event).

What kind of "temporal expressions" does attempto currently have?

I remember reading something in one of your texts that your team is working on something like this?