[Attempto] Prolog file error

Norbert E. Fuchs fuchs at ifi.uzh.ch
Wed Mar 28 13:35:37 CEST 2012

Ananya

Recall that the lexicon file uses Prolog syntax. Some of your lexicon entries
> noun_sg(person, person, neutr).
> noun_pl(persons, person, neutr).
> noun_sg(Force, Force, neutr).
> noun_sg(TestObjecttype2, TestObjecttype2, neutr).
> noun_pl(tests2, TestObjecttype2, neutr).
> noun_sg(test2, test2, neutr).
> noun_sg(node, node, neutr).
> noun_pl(nodes, node, neutr).
> noun_sg(human being, human being, neutr).
> noun_sg(place, place, neutr).
> noun_pl(places, place, neutr).
> noun_sg(location, location, neutr).
use capitalised arguments that Prolog considers as variables. However, lexical arguments must be constants. Thus – if you want to use capitalisation – enclose the capitalised entries in quotes.

As it happens, your example sentences  "A human being is a being." and "A test2 is a thing." do not use these erroneous lexical entries, and thus the sentences are parsed.

   --- nef