[Attempto] Problem with ACE view installation

Kaarel Kaljurand kaljurand at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 17:47:36 CEST 2012

Dear Hennah,

sorry for the delay in responding to your message. It didn't reach the
Attempto list and for that reason I missed it. Please send all the
future messages to attempto at lists.ifi.uzh.ch

I've just tried to install ACE View with the latest Protege
(protege-4.2-beta.278.zip) and everything worked fine. It's hard to
say why it does not work in your case. Can you provide more details:

  - which exact version of Protege are you using (i.e. build number)?
  - why don't you use the very latest Protege (currently 4.2 build 278)?
  - which operating system are you running?

Note that if you install by manually downloading the ACE View jar file
then you need to copy it into the Protege plugins-directory and
restart Protege.

This can also be a problem that is not specific to ACE View, i.e. do
you have the same issue with other plugins? In this case it's best to
report it to the Protege mailing list.

Best regards,
Kaarel Kaljurand