[Attempto] Problem with ACE view installation

Kaarel Kaljurand kaljurand at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 18:27:18 CEST 2012

Dear Hennah,

On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 6:02 PM, Hennah Sugumaran
<hennah.steffi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks very much for your response. I have now installed Protege
> successfully and ACE plugin is also installed. Now the problem is for some
> reason, protege is not connected to the network. So i downloaded and
> installed the prolog, executed ape.exe file in the command file. I changed
> the references in Protege from APE webservice to APE local but still APE
> local is not working, APE webservice is not connecting. Could you please
> help me with setting up protege?

start APE like this:

    ./ape.exe -httpserver -port 8000

(there are more examples in the APE README)

In Protege, set the ACE->OWL/SWRL service to "APE Webservice" and the URL to

    http://localhost:8000

You can use a different port number if something else is already
running on 8000. And you can also use "APE Socket" instead of "ACE
Webservice". In this case start APE with the "server" flag.

Note that the OWL Verbalizer (i.e. OWL->ACE service) must be
reconfigured as well since you do not have access to the net. (See:
http://attempto.ifi.uzh.ch/aceview/#9)

APE Local is a little more difficult to set up and it depends more on
your operating system, so try first with APE Webservice. Btw, which OS
are you using? See: http://attempto.ifi.uzh.ch/aceview/#8

Best regards,
Kaarel