[Attempto] Is there a way to use APE without SWI Prolog ?

Kaarel Kaljurand kaljurand at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 16:26:50 CEST 2012

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 4:01 PM, Mohammed Nasri <mohammed.nasri at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am integrating ACE into Amine Plateform (which requires java installed
> only), and I don't want to force users to install prolog too, for user, a
> APE compiled version would be sufficient. Can I create a such APE version ?

APE is compiled (by the script make_exe.sh) into a SWI-Prolog saved
state (ape.exe). This saved state is interpreted by SWI-Prolog. So you
need to have SWI-Prolog...

You could ask the SWI-Prolog mailing list for advice on what is the
best way (the most convenient way for the users) of distributing
SWI-Prolog together with the Amine Platform.

Best regards,
Kaarel