[Attempto] playing around with distributives

Theodore H. Smith delete at elfdata.com
Tue Sep 11 19:00:43 CEST 2012

hello attempto list, Norbert and Tobias

So I was experimenting with different input in attempto, with "distributive quantifiers".

	each of the men see the apples. // fails

	the apples are seen by each of the men. // works

Is this intended design? Also, compared to all the other "paraphrasing" you have, this one should be simple to add? Right now it doesn't paraphrase "the apples are seen by each of the men".

I don't fully understand distributives and quantifiers, not compared to how well I understand everything else I come across in "knowledge representation", but it seems like something worth giving feedback on.

Other than that, distributives in attempto seem to work as expected. The DRS is simple enough for me to understand.

--
http://jeebox.org/
"An extensible language for describing code, concepts and stories"