[Attempto] Broader the range of texts that can be mapped to ACE

Pierre-Alexandre Voye ontologiae at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 12:53:15 CET 2013

I would like to replace the debate by introducing a thing Jean-Marc forgot
to specify (we discussed about it) : A machine learning algorithms would
only be an assistant and never a full automatic way to translate natural
English to ACE.

Because I'm a true lazy person, I often use google translate to translate
french text into english. But I also know that the automatic translation
isn't very good and misinterpretation isn't far, even common with this tool.
So I always carefully review the text produced by the software, so it make
the big part of the job, I just have to fix its misinterpretation.

I think the tool Jean-Marc proposes would work in the same way : a tool
which make the major exhausting work which would of course have to be
totally reviewed.
Of course this tool would produce 50% faulty sentences, but 50% of the job
would be done. And has I know now how it is difficult to express what you
want in ACE grammar, it would be a great help.

Because it's a machine learning system, the system would be trained more
and more, so it would become better by the time.