[Attempto] Broader the range of texts that can be mapped to ACE

Norbert E. Fuchs fuchs at ifi.uzh.ch
Mon Jan 28 14:42:27 CET 2013

On 28 Jan 2013, at 12:55, Pierre-Alexandre Voye <ontologiae at gmail.com> wrote:

> Forgot one thing :
> ./ape.exe -cparaphrase -cdrspp  -cdrs -guess -text 'A man sees a girl with a red skirt.'
> <paraphrase>There is a man X1.
> The man X1 sees a girl with a red skirt.</paraphrase>
>
> The two meanings are exactly the same for me.

Pierre-Alexandre

I do not know whether you are referring to my statement

> The sentence "A man sees a girl with a red skirt." does have different meanings in English and in ACE.

in a previous message.

If you do, please note that in ACE the prepositional phrase "with a red skirt" modifies the verb "see", while most English speakers would probably agree that in English ""with a red skirt" modifies the noun phrase "a girl".

Regards.