[Attempto] Complex sentence whith multiple "which"

Kaarel Kaljurand kaljurand at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 16:44:05 CEST 2018

Hi,

the correct way of defining your own words is by declaring them in the
user lexicon (and switching of "clex"), instead of using prefixes like
"v:". For example:

$ ./ape.exe -text "John likes Mary." -ulextext "tv_finsg(likes,
'LOGICAL_SYBOL')." -solo drspp -noclex
[A]
predicate(A,LOGICAL_SYBOL,named(John),named(Mary))-1/2

However, "is" is built-in word in ACE, which one cannot change:

$ ./ape.exe -text "John is Mary." -ulextext "tv_finsg(is,
'LOGICAL_SYBOL')." -solo drspp -noclex
[A]
predicate(A,be,named(John),named(Mary))-1/2

I would also recommend Norbert's solution, unless you have a reason
for using a transitive verb (with "which") instead of copula +
"whose").

Best,
Kaarel