[Attempto] DRS XML

Marco Zanchi mzanchi at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 05:51:31 CET 2019

Hi folks,

I was reading the document *Discourse Representation Structures for ACE 6.7*,
and currently working on creating a POJO framework for representing a DRS.

The XML output from ACE has names that are a little different from this
specification (like "struct" instead of "class" for example), but that's
not a big issue. The reason for my message is that I don't find any
reference on the document about the last two elements on a condition:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<DRS domain="A B C">

  <object ref="C" noun="father" struct="countable" unit="na" numrel="eq"
num="1" sentid="1" tokid="2"/>

  <object ref="B" noun="family" struct="countable" unit="na" numrel="eq"
num="1" sentid="1" tokid="6"/>

  <predicate ref="A" verb="belong" subj="C" sentid="1" tokid="3"/>

  <modifier_pp ref="A" prep="to" obj="B" sentid="1" tokid="4"/>

</DRS>

What is "sentid" and "tokid"? My guess is that it's something to do with a
tokenizer, but how so? Do we have a schema for this XML?

Thanks,

Marco