[Attempto] DRS XML

Norbert E. Fuchs fuchs at ifi.uzh.ch
Tue Dec 17 08:26:47 CET 2019

> On 17 Dec 2019, at 5:51 , Marco Zanchi <mzanchi at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I was reading the document Discourse Representation Structures for ACE 6.7, and currently working on creating a POJO framework for representing a DRS.
>
> The XML output from ACE has names that are a little different from this specification (like "struct" instead of "class" for example), but that's not a big issue. The reason for my message is that I don't find any reference on the document about the last two elements on a condition:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <DRS domain="A B C">
>   <object ref="C" noun="father" struct="countable" unit="na" numrel="eq" num="1" sentid="1" tokid="2"/>
>   <object ref="B" noun="family" struct="countable" unit="na" numrel="eq" num="1" sentid="1" tokid="6"/>
>   <predicate ref="A" verb="belong" subj="C" sentid="1" tokid="3"/>
>   <modifier_pp ref="A" prep="to" obj="B" sentid="1" tokid="4"/>
> </DRS>
>
> What is "sentid" and "tokid"? My guess is that it's something to do with a tokenizer, but how so? Do we have a schema for this XML?

Marco

Your sentence

The father belongs to the family.

creates the DRS

[A,B,C]
object(C,father,countable,na,eq,1)-1/2
object(B,family,countable,na,eq,1)-1/6
predicate(A,belong,C)-1/3
modifier_pp(A,to,B)-1/4

where each DRS condition is labelled by sentid/tokid which indicates that the condition comes from the token tokid of the sentence sentid.

This information is used, for example, in the Attempto reasoner RACE to identify the sentences of a set of axioms that are needed to prove the theorem. Here is an example.

that shows that of the four axioms only axioms 2 and 3 are used for the proof.

Best regards.