[Attempto] Workflow management and no-code apps creation

Norbert E. Fuchs fuchs at ifi.uzh.ch
Thu Dec 24 14:20:49 CET 2020

> On 24 Dec 2020, at 14:01 , Igor Kryltsov <kryltsov at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Norbert,
>
> Thank you very much for the answers and guides!
>
> >> I see http://attempto.ifi.uzh.ch/site/docs/ace_constructionrules.html (Proper Names) but no example of how to make definitions of not proper concepts so to speak.
> >This I do not understand. What are "not proper concepts"?
>
> If I want to define 'Lessons' as an application name and refer to it as a named entity in further statements.
> 'Lessons' is an application. 'Lessons' application contains lessons
>
> For example, using familiar terms
>
> 'XYZ' is an application. 'XYZ' contains one or more projects. Every project contains tasks.
> I want to define:
> 'Lessons' is an application. 'Lessons' contains one or more lessons. Every lesson contains tasks.
>
> Would it be a better way to go (assuming I will learn construction and interpretation rules) to do this:
>
> 'Lessons' is an application.
> 'Lessons' contains one or more projects.
> A project contains one or more tasks.
> Projects in 'Lessons' are called 'lesson'.
>
> This way I create a knowledge base that connects specifics of 'Lessons' (application a user may create to create piano lessons on Youtube) with the general knowledge that tasks are parts of projects.
>
> Thanks!

Igor

To express the terms of your application domain "lessons" in ACE you have to map them to the grammatical categories offered by ACE, which are the same as in standard English.

Concretely,

> If I want to define 'Lessons' as an application name and refer to it as a named entity in further statements.

you can represent "Lessons" in ACE as a proper name that stands for a specific individual like "John". Or you can represent "Lessons" as a common noun that stands for a class of objects like "house" or "cow". Proper names and common nouns can be anaphorically referred to in further statements.

Regards.