[Attempto] Workflow management and no-code apps creation

Igor Kryltsov kryltsov at gmail.com
Sat Dec 26 06:07:13 CET 2020

Thanks! I will definitely use this knowledge to move forward

I was using http://attempto.ifi.uzh.ch/ape/ and later Protege plugin (which
I understand talks to the backend for text interpretation producing the
same error messages)

Are there any benefits of installing command line APE compared to what I
use?
I am very familiar with Unix so installing it is not an issue for me.

I figured these so far:

1. Each application has a name.  <<< general knowledge in my world
2. p : Lessons is a name of an application . << particular application
3. An application has a project .  <<< It is parsed but technically
incorrect. I need to say that 'Lessons' can have one or more projects and
these projects are called 'lesson'
4. A project has a task .  <<< It is also parsed but I also need to say
that application can include tasks directly and tasks are part of some
applications without being part of a project
*stopped with these two options that both generate an error  >>>>*
Projects in p : Lessons are called p : lesson .
OR
p : Lessons projects called p : lesson .

I do not like (but glad at least it validates - meaning I learned the
language a bit):

statement 3 - An application can have no projects or one or multiple
projects in general. Lessons application, in particular, I need to define
as - can have one or more projects.
statement 4 - again valid but does not say what I want a project can
contain one or more tasks. When you create it - it has no tasks (no tasks
option should be possible)

Just to make sure what I am trying to achieve.

*Knowledge*
An application is a thing
An application has a name.
An application can include projects or tasks.
An application can not contain tasks and projects
Projects can include tasks.
Projects (as a term) can be renamed. # If you want an app to create piano
lessons you want your projects to be called 'lessons' so you see Lesson
'Scalping - part 1' rather than Project 'Scalping - part 1'
A project has a name # This is the actual name  'Scalping - part 1'
A task has a name # This is the actual task name 'Write script' or
'Practice before recording'
Tasks (as a term) can be renamed. # If you create a help desk
application you want your tasks to be called 'requests' so you see Request
'Can not access my subscription' rather than Task 'Can not access my
subscription'

*A user comes in and says*
Create application 'Lessons'.
'Lessons' will include lessons that will contain tasks.

Create application 'Help Desk'
'Help Desk' application will include tasks called 'requests'

At this stage, a user can access a mobile application with two applications
Lessons and Help Desk.
If a user opens the 'Lessons' he/she can create a new lesson by typing its
name and add a task by typing its name.
If a user opens the 'Help Desk' application he/she can add a new request by
typing its name.

I am not expecting at this stage users to know Attempto so I will guide
them with NL wizards but
- I want common knowledge to be an ontology connected to code that knows
how to use it
- I want outputs of NL wizards users completed to be parsed to Attempto and
stored also as ontology specific to that user
- I want to be able to generate an 'Attempto story' a user can edit, upload
back to change their application(s), and experiment with it as many times
as needed (technically this is handy not for end-users but for IT folks in
the enterprise who can not code but can figure out the language as long as
examples and blueprints are provided).

Attributes of projects and tasks, user permissions, etc are to be added
later similar way - above is just the basics I want to figure out