[Attempto] Workflow management and no-code apps creation

Norbert E. Fuchs fuchs at ifi.uzh.ch
Sat Dec 26 09:51:55 CET 2020

> On 26 Dec 2020, at 6:07 , Igor Kryltsov <kryltsov at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks! I will definitely use this knowledge to move forward ...

Igor

Scanning your message I get the impression that ACE's distinction between existentially and universally quantified nouns is not yet clear to you.

Well, in English we say "A lion is a ferocious animal." or "The lion is a ferocious animal." to express that lions in general, that all lions are ferocious animals.

In ACE you have to be more specific. The ACE sentence

A lion is a ferocious animal.

means that there is *a/one* lion that is ferocious. This is expressed by the paraphrase

There is a lion X1.
The lion X1 is a ferocious animal.

generated by APE.

To express the above English meaning you have to write in ACE

Every lion is a ferocious animal.

meaning that *all* lions are ferocious animals. This is expressed by APE's paraphrase

If there is a lion X1 then the lion X1 is a ferocious animal.

Consider this when you write

An application is a thing.
An application has a name.

Some further remarks. You write

An application can include projects or tasks.
An application can not contain tasks and projects.

These sentences are not ACE for various reasons. Find out why not.

Also consider whether you really want to use the modality "can", i.e. "it is possible that" to express that some applications include projects and tasks, while other applications do not. As written the sentences seem to come close to a contradiction.

Best regards.