[Attempto] Problem with deploying AceWiki 2.10

Jonas.Halvorsen at ffi.no Jonas.Halvorsen at ffi.no
Tue Dec 2 15:23:44 CET 2008

Hi,

I heard about AceWiki at ISWC'08, thus I wanted to try it out locally.
I've followed the steps outlined on the webpage and on the
AceWikiServlet javadoc page, but so far I have not managed to get it
working (AceWiki 2.10, WinXP). I've done the following:

1) Downloaded and compiled ape-6.0-081023 using SWI-Prolog 5.6.62
(make_exe.bat)

2) Created an <acewiki> dir in webapps (and the following <WEB-INF> and
<WEB-INF\lib>, and wrote a simple web.xml file [1].

3) Copied the *.jar files in attempto_java_packages-081128 (including
those in lib\) to webapps\acewiki\WEB-INF\lib

4) Started app-server

I've tried this on Tomcat 5.5, 6.0 and on Jetty, but no luck. The
servlet class seems to load (class found and listed under deployed
apps), but accessing the URI gives nothing (req. resource not
available). Furthermore, no errors are reported in the console nor in
any of the app-server logs. . I've checked that APE is compiled
correctly and runs properly from the windows console, and that the paths
to apecommand and prologcommand are set properly. Any ideas?

Regards,

Jonas

[1]

==========

<web-app xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee"

http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-app_2_5.xsd"

   version="2.5">

  <servlet>

   <servlet-name>AceWiki</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>ch.uzh.ifi.attempto.acewiki.AceWikiServlet</servlet-class

   <init-param>

     <param-name>ontology</param-name>

     <param-value>geo</param-value>

   </init-param>

   <init-param>

     <param-name>baseuri</param-name>

     <param-value>http://localhost/acewiki/</param-value>

   </init-param>

   <init-param>

     <param-name>title</param-name>

     <param-value>Geography Wiki</param-value>

   </init-param>

   <init-param>

     <param-name>description</param-name>

     <param-value>This wiki contains geographical
knowledge.</param-value>

   </init-param>

   <init-param>

     <param-name>login</param-name>

     <param-value>no</param-value>

   </init-param>

 </servlet>

  <context-param>

   <param-name>prologcommand</param-name>

   <param-value>c:/pl/bin/plcon.exe</param-value>

 </context-param>

 <context-param>

   <param-name>apecommand</param-name>

   <param-value>c:/test/ape/ape.exe</param-value>

 </context-param>

</web-app>