[Attempto] Attempto FOL Grammar

Norbert E. Fuchs fuchs at ifi.uzh.ch
Fri Dec 12 16:49:42 CET 2008

On 11 Dec 2008, at 20:41, Kwanga rodrigue wrote:

> Dear Dr. Norbert E. Fuchs
>
> I wonder if you have a grammar (in the EBNF form or not) of the FOL
> generated by the attempto parser (APE).
>
> Thanks for your answer.
>
> Rodrigue KWANGA.

Dear Rodrigue

By "the FOL generated by the attempto parser (APE)" I guess that you
mean the DRS generated by APE. (There is a simple translation of the
DRS language into the standard FOL language.)

The complete DRS language is described by example in the DRS manual,
but there is no formal grammar. Alternatively, we offer the DRS well-
formedness checker "is_wellformed.pl" written in Prolog. You find this
checker in the directory "utils"  in the downloaded APE package.