[Attempto] need help getting ACE Wiki running

Murray, William R William.R.Murray at boeing.com
Wed Sep 9 03:53:03 CEST 2009

Hi, I fear this is probably a rather an obvious question to the rest of
you who have ACEWiki running, but I'm not yet there.

I believe that all I need to do to get it running is to get the
webapps.war file running, which is at my local file
C:\Projects\NLU\ACE\AceWiki. I knew I needed to copy it somewhere into
my Tomcat 5.0 directory, I believe under /webapps, so have copied the
/war folder (my local folder C:\Projects\NLU\ACE\AceWiki\webapps\war )
to the webapps folder in Tomcat (my local folder C:\Program Files\Apache
Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.0\webapps ). Then started up Tomcat.

Let me know if there is actually more I have to do first.

I can get Tomcat running with startup.bat and find its default page at
http://localhost:8080/  so next I try to invoke ACEWiki in the following
manner by calling http://localhost:8080/ACEWiki/  which of course fails
along with all similar combinations. Would that life were so easy.

So what am I doing wrong and what should I being doing instead to get
ACE Wiki running on my machine? It looks like there are instructions
that will help me rebuild the WAR file if need be, but since I already
have that, I'm assuming they don't apply.

--Thanks Very Much,

Bill