[Attempto] reaching utility

George Herson gherson at snet.net
Sat Jan 16 19:48:58 CET 2010

Hi,

AceWiki is a brilliant proof of concept and thanks very much for making it and related technology available.

Now I want to make it useful, to me.  I know a fair bit of ACE and of course i have the preditor but still can't enter the sentences I want into AceWiki.  i think that it may be that the form of the sentence required for entry I wouldn't be satisfied with.  So i ask, Will AceWiki's current approach allow entry of all
sentences that make sense to try and reason with, in your opinion, for general question answering and relational db front-end querying?  If no, is developing
a way to allow the user to specify sentence-specific transformations to
DRS possibly a good idea?  If yes, how? and, should AceWiki attempt to learn from
these (where they don't conflict with its pre-existing interpretation
rules)?

For the short term, it will help matters to be able to map a comment to a set of AceWiki
sentences so i know exactly what knowledge I was attempting to
represent. so I think i'll work on that (unless there's a better
suggestion).

why does AceWiki sometimes disallow a proper noun where a noun is
allowed?  (Tobias, thanks for your answer to the converse question on
12/18/09.)

Can ACE represent any legal DRS?

Is the RACE source code available?

thank you,