[Attempto] Ace View + Protégé 4.1beta; public source repositories

Norbert E. Fuchs fuchs at ifi.uzh.ch
Tue Mar 9 11:43:01 CET 2010

On 9 Mar 2010, at 11:11, Jean-Marc Vanel wrote:

> I there upgrade to Protégé 4.1 going on or planed ?
>
> I tried to see in the source what happens. But there does not seem to
> be a public source repository (Subversion, Baazar, CVS ...) to Ace
> View, as well as other parts of the framework: APE, RACE, the AceRules
> system, the ACE View ontology editor, the OWL verbalizer.
> As far as I know, only AceWiki has a public source repository on Launchpad.

Jean-Marc

You did not look far enough. See the ACE View web-site (http://attempto.ifi.uzh.ch/aceview/) where it says

Concerning an upgrade to Protégé 4.1 you will have to ask Kaarel Kaljurand (kaljurand at gmail.com) who, however, is currently and for the next months travelling around the world  – or you will have to do this yourself.

> However, on the "News" page :
> http://attempto.ifi.uzh.ch/site/news/
> it is stated that:
> In the future we plan to make even more ACE tools public as open source.

We did, but notice that it says "more ACE tools", not "all ACE tools".

> By the way the news feed is not existing:
> http://www.ifi.unizh.ch/attempto/news.rss

Thanks, I'll look into this.

> Having public source repository (Software Configuration Management) is
> a step forward than just doing open source releases. It would be good
> to know what is the policy of the project.

Our policy will not change in the near future.