[Attempto] executable specifications

Norbert E. Fuchs fuchs at ifi.uzh.ch
Tue Nov 2 13:27:26 CET 2010

On 2 Nov 2010, at 11:47, Kenneth Jones wrote:

> I have a few more questions:
>
>   • I have, for quite some time wanted to read your thesis, but I don't know German.  I have tried several of the free translation tools available on the web, but none seems to do a very good job of translating from German to English.  Do you happen to know of a translator that does a pretty good job of German-to-English translation?

I assume that you mean Rolf Schwitter's PhD thesis "Kontrolliertes Englisch für Anforderungsspezifikationen" – not mine that is in English on a topic from nuclear physics. I cc Rolf so that he can answer your question. You may also check Rolf's publications from around the time his thesis appeared.

> 	• Are you planning to include a Java API with you upcoming release of RACE?

It would be nice to have one to integrate RACE with, for example, AceWiki.

> 	• What advantages does RACE have over ACE -> TPTP -> theorem prover?

When we decided to base RACE on Satchmo it was mainly because Satchmo is not a black-box, like for instance Otter, but a publicly available Prolog program that we could modify to fit RACE's requirements then – and today.

Offering several approaches for theorem proving in ACE – currently RACE, AceRules, ACE View, AceWiki, TPTP – is an advantage since ACE users can select the one that best fits their needs.

Regards.