[Attempto] or is interpreted as inclusive or , or xor?

Norbert E. Fuchs fuchs at ifi.uzh.ch
Mon Sep 20 11:06:39 CEST 2010

On 20 Sep 2010, at 06:16, Gabriele Kahlout wrote:

> Is the first person pronoun I not allowed for technical difficulties,
> or as a domain restriction (that is ACE is not intended for personal
> communications)?

ACE was developed for technical documents – originally for software specifications – where only third person singular and plural occur.

> More precisely, should ACE be used for personal communications using
> the pronoun I, how easy would it be to change APE to accept the new
> construct?

First, you should check what the consequences of adding first and second person are. For instance, are there any new ambiguities?

Second, you would have to extend the grammar, the lexicon of function words, and the DRS language.

Regards.