[Attempto] Output formats of APE

Norbert E. Fuchs fuchs at ifi.uzh.ch
Sun Dec 1 13:46:02 CET 2013

On 1 Dec 2013, at 13:35 , Huan Nguyen <huan.nguyentuong at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you very much for your prompt reply. It seems to be the thing I am looking for and looks cool to me.

Thanks.

> I have another concern about the ACE editor. I notice there is a demo for ACE editor on your website. I am wondering if there is any editor (for normal sentences, not just for ontology) similar to the Protege editor for Manchester OWL Syntax?, for instance, the syntax is checked while a sentence being typed in?

This may not be exactly what you have in mind, but please check on the site http://attempto.ifi.uzh.ch/site/resources/ the two tools

- ACE View is an ontology and rule editor that uses ACE to create, view and edit OWL 2 ontologies and SWRL rulesets. ACE View is implemented as a plugin for the Protégé ontology editor.

- AceWiki is a semantic wiki using ACE. Unlike most other semantic wikis, the semantics is contained directly in the article texts and not in some form of annotations. AceWiki uses ACE Editor.

> Also, can you pls let me know if currently there is any other ACE editor which is more comprehensive and embeddable into another program (i.e. Java program)?

Again, this may not be what you want, but APE also comes with a Java interface.

For both your requests my colleagues Kaarel Kaljurand and Tobias Kuhn – who are on this mailing list – can give you more detailed answers.

Regards.