[Attempto] Problem with Protege 5 and Aceview

luke wallace lukewallace1990 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 05:33:39 CET 2015

I hope this properly replies to my own thread so that everyone can see, I'm
still learning to use this mailing list technology.

I solved the problem by stumbling upon the countries_base.owl file at
http://attempto.ifi.uzh.ch/aceview/examples/
This was not linked to anywhere that I could see, I manually typed that
address into the address bar to go up a directory and got lucky.

Once I loaded that .owl file into protege 5 and then repasted the countries
text snippets, it all worked fine.

I had never used any version of Protege other than 5. I literally have only
had it installed for a few hours. Before today, I didn't even know what an
ontology was, what OWL was, or what ACE was.