[Attempto] Aceview+Protege viability for Standards Writing?

Kaarel Kaljurand kaljurand at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 23:32:46 CEST 2015

Hi Luke,

I'm not sure if anybody has tried to use ACE View to model all of an
ISO standard. It is likely that you will be able to use ACE View to
build the backbone ontology for the standard, along with some rules,
but most of the content of the standard will have to remain in
unrestricted natural language or could possibly be converted to a
fragment of ACE that ACE View does not support. ACE View supports only
the fragment that maps to OWL and SWRL.

ACE View as a tool has not been maintained in the last couple of
years. It seems to work in the latest Protege but I haven't tested all
the aspects.

Best,
Kaarel