[Attempto] Controlled Natural Language for Legal Texts

David Hait dhait at optionmetrics.com
Fri Oct 2 09:46:00 CEST 2015

I've thought a bit about this in the context of economic contracts and associated law. It would seem to me that any such natural language would have to support modal constructs like tense, intent, obligation vs option, etc. as well as all the features of "ownership". Are there any extant languages that have this richness?