[Attempto] or is interpreted as inclusive or , or xor?

Gabriele Kahlout gabriele at mysimpatico.com
Sun Jul 11 18:43:54 CEST 2010

2010/7/11 George Herson <gherson at snet.net>

> A brilliant solution, agreed, but something that requires brilliance is
> only
> usable by the consistently brilliant.  I would like to see a tool that
> allows
> users to paste in normal English and stepwise translate it into ACE.
>  Unless
> that's known to be too difficult it would also be really interesting (and
> thesis
> worthy) to try.

I daresay it's agreed too difficult, as most of my 'logic-oriented' english
sentences couldn't be parsed. Besides, for normal english you don't mean the
ambiguous, right?
Even simplified english (which I think is not a machine understandable
controlled language) requires expensive tools.

 Attempto, its authors will agree, is an existance proof that
> audacious experiments can resolve in the affirmative.
>
> George
> ________________________________

Regards,
K. Gabriele

--- unchanged since 25/1/10 ---
P.S. Unless a notification (LON), please reply either with an answer OR with
" ACK" appended to this subject within 48 hours. Otherwise, I might resend.
In(LON, this) ∨ In(48h, TimeNow) ∨ ∃x. In(x, MyInbox) ∧ IsAnswerTo(x, this)
∨ (In(subject(this), subject(x)) ∧ In(ACK, subject(x)) ∧
¬IsAnswerTo(x,this)) ⇒ ¬IResend(this).

Also note that correspondence may be received only from specified a priori
senders, or if the subject of this email ends with a code, eg. -LICHT01X,
then also from senders whose reply contains it.
∀x. In(x, MyInbox) ⇒ In(senderAddress(x), MySafeSenderList) ∨ (∃y. In(y,
subject(this) ) ∧ In(y,x) ∧ isCodeLike(y, -LICHT01X) ).